Sophie Madeleine - The Rhythm You Started - 30 covers played on the ukulele in 30 days - too cool

michelew

Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:58 am

Well still exploring and celebrating the kookie world of ukulele here. A friend sent me a link to this woman's cool work.

Sophie Madeleine is posting 30 covers in 30 days all played on the ukulele until tomorrow, when she's releasing a new album. So cool.

Here is a selection. It sure helps when you can really sing like she can.

The official video - for the album

Some people are just too clever and cute.

I hope you like them.

This one's for Jim

willem

Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:11 am

wow,Michele,this is great,,it must be love and don't think twice,,thoose two i listen when i have time i see the others,,well i geuss you goin too overload your buskin thread intime??? B)

lueders

Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:16 am

Thanks for posting this Michele!! She's GOOD! :cheer:
Love her voice and not sure what it is about this young lady but she has kinda of retro look to her...like the 60s
mod era or something. (Not that I was there.) She has beautiful voice!! I especially like her take on the folksy
covers. Dylan wishes he sounded that good! And Mad world is one my favorite tunes of all-time so thanks for letting
me see her version...

P.S. There is some CRAZY UKE stuff out there...I'm exploring myself. :silly:

willem

Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:24 am

WHat a project,,yeah ''mad world'''it got my attension Cori,,,super..

reiver

Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:28 am

Wow......8 different tracks and 8 different outfits! I'd have been on repeat by track 4!

Lots of good ideas there for you Michele - for me, the faster songs sound better. Looking forward to your next post.

Stuart

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:40 am

Shel, those were just great! What a talent Sophie is.... lovely voice, hmmm, you know I am a sucker for a great voice, humour and a pretty face :-).

I loved this one.... very original:
http://www.youtube.com/user/misssophiem ... G93EsbY_HE

And she can play a real instrument too (sorry, sorry, sorry :-) ):

http://www.youtube.com/user/misssophiem ... bXkFifYbQY

dsmarion

Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:50 am

Wow! Absoutely FANTASTIC! Thanks for sharing these.

tovo

Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:14 am

The really great thing about Youtube is how it has enabled really talented people like Sophie to show their stuff really easily. Of course...for every great tune there is an awful one but not in this particular collection. Thanks Shel for posting.

michelew

Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:18 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Shel, those were just great! What a talent Sophie is.... lovely voice, hmmm, you know I am a sucker for a great voice, humour and a pretty face :-).

I loved this one.... very original:
http://www.youtube.com/user/misssophiem ... G93EsbY_HE

And she can play a real instrument too (sorry, sorry, sorry :-) ):

http://www.youtube.com/user/misssophiem ... bXkFifYbQY
Haha Chris you're hilarious! Yes I deliberately didn't post more with 'real' instruments in there. I assume you meant the xylophone of course. And Yes, I thought she would be your cup of tea. I'm a sucker for a great voice myself. Though I meant cutesy-cute here, rather than sexy cute.

Cori - I agree that she looks like a mod. Might be an English thing. And I think the Mad World one might be my favourite.

Stuart - given my wardrobe is 95% black I'd be lucky to have 2 different looking outfits.

Willem, Tony, Scott - I'm glad you liked them.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic