New songs

Feel free to get outside the box here.
drfuji

Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:43 am

Great new lessons this week...was starting to lose interest....the new lessons should keep me busy for awhile...KEEP THEM COMING.... :)

TGNeil

Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:20 am

Hi Dr. F,

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I had fun putting together lessons for this anniversary week and figured to do some blockbusters, and to keep folks guessing. Two more on the way after today. Speculations anyone???

Neil

willem

Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:37 am

TGNeil wrote:
Hi Dr. F,

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I had fun putting together lessons for this anniversary week and figured to do some blockbusters, and to keep folks guessing. Two more on the way after today. Speculations anyone???

Neil
the top one,,it must be!!

coclimber

Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:06 pm

I'll guess:

1) Like Willem, I wouldn't be surprised for a popular JT addition (with hopefully more to come)!
2) Just went through the Piano Man lesson (and Your Song is slowly coming together). Diggin' the piano-esque chord inversions, so maybe you have more up your sleeve. Rocket Man? New York State of Mind?

Thanks for all of the new content!

jaslu81

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:24 pm

From the weekly wrap-up video, hints included "You've Got a Friend" (James Taylor), "John Barleycorn" (Traffic), "Truckin'" (Grateful Dead) and a quickie chord sequence that sounded like "Venus" (Shocking Blue). FWIW, I looked at recent lessons before joining a couple of months ago and I'd say that 2012 has been stellar. Mega-kudos for the Guess Who lessons! :)

Jim

Edit: "Truckin'" is already a lesson so maybe I'm missing on this...

beaker

Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:04 pm

Jim,
I think you have a good guess on the Truckin' thing, you are right there already is a lesson on truckin' but not a detailed lesson on the chord solo version like Neil put up for Wish You Were Here. So I'd go with that, and I would also guess that Neil might put up a lesson of a classic fingerpicking song like the traditional "Deep River Blues" or "Blue Railroad Train" by the Delmore Brothers or "I Am the Light of this World" by Rev. Gary Davis.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:23 am

Great new lessons this week...was starting to lose interest....the new lessons should keep me busy for awhile...KEEP THEM COMING....
Dr.Fuji, did you finish all the 500 songs already?! :laugh:
I know you didn't, of course, we are thoroughly spoilt for choice on this site but it is nice to get a new song every now and then that really gets the juices flowing!

unclewalt

Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:10 pm

Blockbusters, eh? My guess: "(The) Clap."

But "I Am the Light of this World" would be pretty great, too (as would any number of other things).

willem

Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:15 pm

unclewalt wrote:

But "I Am the Light of this World" would be pretty great, too (as would any number of other things).
It was ''mad man across the water'' chord solo..well for to day

unclewalt

Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:30 pm

willem wrote:
unclewalt wrote:

It was ''mad man across the water'' chord solo..well for to day
Great! I'd been looking forward to that one. But, just curious: how did you know? I see no announcement for it anywhere.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic