Electric guitar question

Moondog

Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:06 am

temo44 wrote:
About the electric guitar, I was at a friend of mine yesterday, and he was asking me if this site could also be perfectly learnable(is that a word??) with an electric guitar. He doesn't have an acoustic guitar..
For sure you can.

I have an effects pedal that makes my electric sound like an acoustic.
Not as good as the real thing but still cool........

Mike

temo44

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:41 pm

Thank you for the answers! :-D Hopefully my friend will join as well! And maybe next year or so an electric guitar for me.

BigBear

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:12 pm

There is absolutely no reason you can't use a capo but most electric guitarists don't for a variety of reasons. I think they, as a group, are better "pattern" players meaning they can easily change keys and their leads will just be in a slightly different position on the neck.

Most electric guitarists (with the exception of Steve Howe! lol!) don't play the same complex chord structures that acoustic players do. Therefore, the key signature doesn't matter as much, especially if they playing power chords.

I also think that when you see electric guitarists play acoustic, on an "Unplugged" set for example, you will frequently see them use a capo. Acoustic, is just a different, less forgiving type of music.

:cheer:

Music Junkie

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:55 pm

BigBear wrote:
I also think that when you see electric guitarists play acoustic, on an "Unplugged" set for example, you will frequently see them use a capo. Acoustic, is just a different, less forgiving type of music.

:cheer:
Most certainly. You turn up the volume loud enough and add enough distortion, and you can't even tell when they make a mistake......lol

leojwolf

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:09 am

Certainly ok to use a capo with an electric.....I've seen many well name artists do it.....check out videos for Tom Petty and Mark Knopfler....if they can capo up, we surely can!

crowhue

Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:50 am

Just get the right capo. Shubb do a C1 Original capo for electric and acoustic steel string guitars that works a treat.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic