Respectul suggestion about lessons

Feel free to get outside the box here.
sojiro

Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:52 pm

I very much appreciate all the effort that goes into producing these excellent lessons and maintaining the website, in addition to branching out in new directions such as the TARGET program.

I would like to make a suggestion, and based on the comments I've seen on this website I know my thoughts are shared by many others.

It would be very, very, VERY helpful to have complete lessons INCLUDING tab rather than posting only the first parts and then leaving us all hanging for the last or next part. Or, as one person commented, it would be useful to have an estimate when the next part might be posted. Personally, I would prefer that a lesson not be posted at all until it's complete, but there might be members who like working on a song one part at a time.

I never saw the old website so I don't know how much content was there that isn't on the new site, but there are still a lot of songs that don't have the tab. To me, this is an essential part of learning a song.

So my suggestion is this: Given that all of this must take an incredible amount of time, instead of continuing to post new song after new song, how about taking some time to finish up the incomplete lessons and also adding tab to the songs that don't have it? (If tab will not ever be available, how about making a note to this effect so we don't keep waiting and looking for it?) There are many of us who would prefer to finish learning the songs that are already out there rather than tackling a new song, but this can't happen until all the parts are posted AND the tab is posted as well.

Again, thank you so much for all your efforts. This is by far the best instructional site I've come across. I'm just frustrated because I'm unable to learn entire songs because of missing tab and/or missing video parts.

Thank you.
Steve

mmcg

Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:45 pm

I see your point

AndyT

Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:15 pm

I strongly agree with this. I think the TARGET program is actually reasonably priced, but in todays economy, its still out of my budget. So, I would like to see all the parts of a lesson on one single page with TABs and any other files Neil includes. Not a bunch of links on one page, just put all the videos on one page. And do not post a lesson until all the parts are ready to go. Less searching, less frustration, greater satisfaction, better PR from users... A win/win all around.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic