Favorite Bands

Music Junkie

Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:41 pm

BigBear wrote:
Music Junkie wrote:
Most people I talk to don't really know who Neal Schon is, but he is quite talented. He is most popular for being the guitarist for Journey, but at the age of fourteen or so, he was invited to play with both Santana and Eric Clapton in the same week!!!!!!
MJ- Now I know where I'd heard that name before! He's the guy that does that cool intro to Wheel in the Sky! Love that song! I really liked that tune you posted, thanks for sharing! :cheer:
If you are interested, search him on this site, because I posted some of his work from a solo album called "Beyond the Thunder". One of my favorite albums. Some acoustic stuff and some electric stuff. All very good.

B)

Music Junkie

Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:45 pm

Try this, it should take you to the post I am talking about:

http://www.totallyguitars.com/forum?fun ... tid=5#1985

Enjoy.

Lavallee

Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:09 pm

MJ, I never heard of Neal Schon but I like the video you post. I like this jazzy soft rock kind of thing. I will buy the album (cd, sorry).

Very good suggestion

Marc

Music Junkie

Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:24 pm

Lavallee wrote:
MJ, I never heard of Neal Schon but I like the video you post. I like this jazzy soft rock kind of thing. I will buy the album (cd, sorry).

Very good suggestion

Marc
Marc:

If you like the jazzy stuff, you might like Nils as well. He was a session guitarist for a while and finally started putting out his own stuff. I have all of his albums and enjoy his music very much. Here is a link to the title track off of his album entitled "Pacific Coast highway"

Other songs on that album such as Baja California and Summer Nights are very good as well. Hope you enjoy this as well.

MJ

Music Junkie

Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:31 pm

Summer Nights:

Baja California and the rest of the album:
http://www.rhapsody.com/nils/pacific-coast-highway

Lavallee

Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:50 pm

They are both very good. I will probably go witt neal Schon for now because I want to get Seasick Steve as well that I posted before but his CD was being re-stamped??? (not sure of the word here)

Marc

Music Junkie

Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:58 pm

Nice blues sound there, never heard of him before. It is absolutely amazing at the amount of good music out there if you only have time to check it out......

AndyT

Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:01 pm

Seasick Steve. You know... A new set of strings doesn't really cost that much.... :P

lmc831

Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:33 pm

Really like this guy's music...thanks for sharing. Might have to order it!

Lisa

map4242

Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:34 pm

AndyT wrote:
Seasick Steve. You know... A new set of strings doesn't really cost that much.... :P
That's part of his shtick.

Mark

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic