>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Goodnight Saigon - Billy Joel

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGKatherine

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:19 pm

Hi Everyone!

We have one more Target and Pay Per Lesson release for you today, Goodnight Saigon by Billy Joel.

Goodnight Saigon is a song written by Billy Joel, originally appearing on his 1982 album ‘The Nylon Curtain’,
about the Vietnam War.

This lesson covers an arrangement in the key of C, as done on the original recording.

We take a look at the many chords, including several out of the key, and their variations and inversions.

We thoroughly break down how to incorporate the 3rd’s which Joel plays on the piano in the intro, outro and
interludes. It’s nice to use the technique of hybrid picking for those.

Other than that, the strumming in double time is relatively easy, and should be doable for most guitar players.

Enjoy this level 6 song!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

michelew

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:31 pm

TGNess,

WOW! ... i just listened to your play through... Gosh what a haunting, gutsy and powerful performance. You always show us what’s possible. Awesome...

I notice this is 10 parts! WOW! Above and beyond again.

Thanks teach.

L

Shel

elennon

Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:58 pm

Hey Vanessa

This is brilliant one of my favourite songs. Look forward to giving it a go at our next one to one lesson.

Eric

sandysue

Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:40 pm

Wow Vanessa. What a beautifully powerful, sad song. I’ve never heard this one before. Another great lesson Vanessa. :)

spinland

Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:18 pm

Wow.

I'd also not heard this song before this thread. Powerful, moving: just words, and inadequate.

This was my Dad's time, and his wartime service and mine were so vastly different. He'll never be able to make me fully understand, and pieces like this one can't, either, but every chip away helps.

Thank you for doing this. I'll remember it's here when I'm ready. I think at some point I'll need to try it.

Mark

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:07 pm

Very nice Ness! BJ's songs can be pretty powerful, this is certainly one of them.

thereshopeyet

Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:23 pm

Brilliant Vanessa

Dermot

tombo1230

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:17 pm

Hi Vanessa,
I just got around to watching this, WOW! Powerful, gutsy play through. I’ve always loved this song on piano, but yet again you don’t disappoint us with a great guitar rendition.
You really are very good at converting these songs to guitar pieces. Another winner!

Tom N.

thereshopeyet

Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:32 pm

Vanessa

Nicely sung, very haunting song.
Gosh, looks to be another TGVanessa special !

Dermot

:)

crieniecat

Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:56 am

Goosebumps ALL OVER!
Fantastic play through! Very strong and gentle at the right moments... :cheer:
You've done this masterpiece all the glory it deserves, it's been a huge hit here and I remember it being one of my first bought single. B)

Hat off, deep bow, oh...and a huge hug ;)
Corina :kiss:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic