New Here - HI

mikehalliday

Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:06 pm

Hi all, I am 54yo married guy in South Carolina.

Started teaching myself off and on in my 30s. I pretty much play only for myself (cause as I came to find out I cant really sing well ;) ) Someday I will work up the nerve to play in front of people .

But I enjoy just really strumming my songs, with just a few intros and fills to make it a bit interesting (at least to me). I have worked up what I think is a really nice tab book in MS word (i.e Pictures, charts/lyrics) though the years of too much hotel time, consolidated from multiple websites, books and purchased sheet music. I play while working from home on conference calls (on mute ).

As maybe some of you, i spend too much on guitars given my very limited skills ;)
Pic of my regular guitars here.

A Taylor 210E (added a cool pick guard with a palm tree
A KLOS carbon Fiber for travel and Couch time
A Traveler Escape for travel and quiet practice (hotels, nights)

A few others have come and gone ( a couple of Larivee's, a Samick and a some electrics. )

Still dream of talking myself in to a Lowden - they sure are purdy!

Looking forward to learning more here.

familyman4

Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:14 am

Welcome to Totally Guitars Mike, Happy you found your way here!

As you have probably already discovered, there is a wealth of knowledge on this site. Have fun exploring and finding helpful teaching on just about any kind of musical project you can think of.

Enjoy.....
Bart

mikehalliday

Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:29 am

Thanks, yes, spent most of this night screening the videos of songs, want to get more in depth into some lessons tonight.

Don't know if this is an active "community" I kind of miss the old rec.music.makers.acoustic newsgroup (for those of you old enough to remember "usenet newsgroups" :lol: )

familyman4

Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:47 pm

Mike,
To answer your question: The forum has been very active in the past & probably will be again. The site just went trough a major reconstruction that took the better part of 6 months. So, I feel like people got out of the habit of checking into the forum. That will come back in time. For instance, not to long ago (Pre-reconstruction of site) when a new member let us know they had joined (like you just did) there were many "Welcome" messages from other members from all over the globe. We will get back to that soon.

Please be sure and ask questions or make comments using this forum, you will get a response from some very knowledgeable people.

Welcome again from Arizona.....
Bart

TGNesh

Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:30 pm

Hi Mike, and welcome to TG!

Sorry for responding so late, but i've been on vacation for a while, and couldn't log in with iPhone or iPad. :(

In any way, I sure hope you're enjoying the site and finding your way around. I'd say there is enough to keep you satisfied for a lifetime.

Best to you,

Vanessa

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic