YAMAHA LLTA Transacoustic

neverfoundthetime

Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:44 pm

Hi guys, its been a while! Hope everyone is well and healthy and getting a lot of quality guitar time in.

I came across these YAMAHA Transacoustic guitars on YouTube and went to try one out. Bought and sold in about 5 minutes flat! I made a video to explain and show the guitar and there is a second video of me playing Question on it (as the song is 50 this year and to show how the guitar sounds) ....it sounds just as good on the Transacoustic as it does on my 12 string but is much easier to play :)

Question is played in open C tuning and A=432 Hz. Not plugged in, the sound is as it comes out of the guitar with the actuizer turned on with room reverb and 50% chorus.

I'm interested to hear if anyone else has tried a Transacoustic yet.

Greetings from Swiss
Chris

neverfoundthetime

Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:50 am

Just to round this off.
The guitar I showed in the first vid had to go back to the shop as the pick up was not working so the actuizer would not activate. Yamaha replaced it but it took 4 weeks as this model is selling out very fast in Europe, Had to ship one in from France. The shop, Promusig in Zürich, said they have not had any problems with these guitars before. Anyway, the replacement guitar is the one playing Question. All good except the set up was lower (better) on the original but I will remedy that when I replace the strings. As a bonus, I mentioned in the shop that my Hercules stand had disintegrated in the middle section. They told me it was a known material fault and they (Hercules) had been replacing that model so I should bring it in even though I did not buy it there and it was about 15 years old! It was fully replaced at no charge to me.... pretty cool! 😃
Last edited by neverfoundthetime on Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

thereshopeyet

Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:06 am

Chris

Super Hero Guitars falling apart :o
That's a Marvel of a story.

No wonder you played Question so well.
You must have been in another Moody Blues zone for a while !

Dermot

:D

neverfoundthetime

Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:36 am

Exactly, Dermot 😅.... but its alright now.
Luckily, by now, my stable of guitars keeps me happy and there is always another one or two or three I can play 😊. The Yamaha is a marvellous guitar 👍

daryl

Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:38 pm

Hi Chris! Very cool new guitar and what a sound! I can't imagine playing 'Question' on a 12-string unless you have super strong hands. Bet you're playing a lot more now.

michelew

Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:23 pm

Hey Chris,

Just watched your Questions post, very cool. Nice to hear your beautiful voice too.

Have you moved?

L

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic