TAB Software

Chasplaya

Mon May 04, 2009 2:48 am

jim56 wrote:
Thanks Chas,

I checked at the local Best Buy and they didn't carry Guitar Pro nor does my music store. Guess I'll try on line. It appears to be a very full featured software program which means steep learning curve.:)
I have only ever seen and bought it online. I have used it since ver3 its about to go to ver 6. Over the years I have got used to it and find it relatively easy to use, it comes with a pdf manual which is quite comprehensive. A bit of standard notation is useful but not essential.

Music Junkie

Thu May 28, 2009 2:22 pm

In relation to TAB software, does anyone know if there is a Chord/Lyric software? By this I mean a software to simplify placing the Chords over the lyrics for simple versions of songs. I have done a few just using WORD, but it is a bit cumbersome to type in the lyrics and then go back and place the chords over the right positions without having to tweak everything all the time.

Any help is appreciated.

MJ

AndyT

Thu May 28, 2009 8:27 pm

Again, Guitar Pro will do that. But you are not going to find anything easier to do it with than Word.

Music Junkie

Fri May 29, 2009 9:26 am

Well that just bites. Guitar pro will do it, but getting the lyrics and the chords is kind of a trying experience for those with limited knowledge of the program. Word works as well, but like I said, it is a hassle. Oh well, it is what it is.

Thanks for responding.

MJ

rcsnydley

Fri May 29, 2009 9:31 am

Yea, Word really is the easiest. It's just using it and getting proficient with it. Remember there is copy and paste which can make it much easier. I use it all the time and it gets easier all the time. In fact, sometimes I even use it as I am writing a new song.

Keep Playing
Ric

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic